How to fix Dell N5010 overheating and sudden turn off problem?

I am writing this post to the thousands of people you have faced to the above mentioned problem. Don't worry, be cool.. the problem can be fixed.


In my topic I have mentioned dell N5010 laptop. But I think this will be very useful to other types of laptop  or Desktop users too.


How I observed the over heating..

One day I was playing a computer game, suddenly the computer turned off but not in the proper way (at once) and I observed a high heat close to the fan area. 

Then after few minutes I turn it on and Installed a software called " Pc Wizard  " (A freeware) and observed the heat.

After installing PC wizard you can use this Icon to see the temperature of your computer. So the Temperature of my laptop exceeded 100 C whenever I play a game.


Then I realized there should be something wrong with the fan or the heat sink. So I asked a technician for help and he said that I will have to pay more than $90 and also It will take more than 4 days for them to repair my laptop.

Finally I came to the conclusion I will repair it myself. and  if you want to repair it your self too here are the steps.

step 1:  observe the laptop listen to the fan. If you feel It works fine you don't need to re-install it. but you                will have to re install the terminal grease between the heat sink and the CPU. 

step 2:  Watch The you tube video on how to dissemble the laptop.


 


Note :-  Do not try to dissemble fully at once if this is the first time you do it. make it into two steps.
             if you have a different modal (may be hp, Toshiba , etc) find the correct dissemble path.

step 3: Now dissemble the laptop but you have to be very neat and patient. keep the screws separately for each part. 

step 4: Observe the things perhaps you can solve the problem in this stage by cleaning the fan and other parts. but be careful not to damage any part. 

If you have to replace the Fan, It can be bought from ebay.

I'm sure it will cost not more than $9. And just the fan is enough you don't need to buy it with the heat sink unless there is something wrong with the heat sink because the fan with the heat sink is little more expensive. 








step 5: If the fan is working fine there is another thing you can try. You can replace the heat sink compound, also known as terminal grease. How ever if you separate the heat sink from the mother board this compound have to be applied when fixing it again.

Heat sink compound is also can be bought from ebay.

Try this methods I'm sure your problem can be solved easily. 

Thank you for reading, Have good days. 





1 comment:

  1. thnkzzzz & visit me

    Ultimate Laptop Repair Videos Collection
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete